Friday 16 September 2011

Why won't my browser work?

Just recently, all of my browsers have quit working. My AIM works fine, but when I go into FireFox, I get a blank page and it says %26quot;Done%26quot; on the status bar on the bottom. This is the first time I've ever had this problem, and I didn't change anything on my router settings prior to this situation happening. I tried Internet Explorer, and all I get is the %26quot;This page cannot be displayed%26quot; page. As I've stated before, AIM works, browsers don't. Here are my specs:



Intel P4 2.8Ghz Processor

Nvidia GeForce FX5500

1 GB (2 x 512MB) RAM

Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection network card



How do I fix this? I've tried reinstalling the network card, I've tried changing the DNS Servers and IP. Also, I can't even get into the router settings in the browsers. My Packets Sent to Packets Recieved ratio is also very lopsided, if this helps at all. I barely recieve any packets. Any help is appreciated.
Why won't my browser work?
Hmm, I've had similar problems from time to time. Try the restore feature that comes with windows. Just go back to a time when you knew it was working. But it sounds like something is diverting your connection. uninstall anything you recently installed or you can try closing down your computer and turning on again 'not a re-boot' sometimes I find re-boots tend to keep the same bad info in memory.

I hope this helps you out
Why won't my browser work?
Have you installed any new software lately? Like file sharing or some freeware? This could be a virus, you could try installing a virus scanner and try scanning. on the other hand if you recently installed any anti-virus software it could be interfearing with your browsers, in which case try un-installing it.
Sounds to me like your TCP/IP is corrupted. On a computer that has functioning Internet access do a search for winsockfix.exe It's a small program, it will even fit on a floppy. Run it on your computer and it will fix the Windows networking files.
It sounds like a virus.