Wednesday 21 September 2011

How can I get the adapter to work?

I have a Linksys WGA11B wireless game adatper, and I used to use it a lot with my Xbox 360 and it worked fine. And now I am trying to use it and it doesn't work. I have a unsecure network. And everything on the xbox is set to automatic and it says that it is connected to the network and everything.But when I test it it locates the adaptor and the network, and occasionally passes the IP Address lookup, but NEVER passes the DNS lookup thing. I also noticed that when you connect ot a network, on the adaptor, it changes from Internet Mode to BO (whatever that is) and there is no way at all to make it stay on internet, it just automaticcally chnages to BO and if you try to change it back to internet your network settings get screwed and when you connect ot them again it goes back to BO. so how can I get the adapter to work?
How can I get the adapter to work?
reset the WGA11B to factory default settings. To do so, power the adapter and use a bent paperclip end to push in the recessed reset button on the side of the device for 10-15 seconds. If you've reset the device correctly, the light on the display will cycle off and on and the channel will revert to 06. if this doesn't help goto the set-up troubleshoot site below..

http://home.comcast.net/~affordabletech/鈥?/a>