Friday 16 September 2011

How to hardcode a DNS?

My Uverse Internet is slow and I was told I need to hardcode my DNS. I kinda found out how to get to it under network settings. How exactly do I change it and what address would I change it to is probably the most important question?



Thanks
How to hardcode a DNS?
You can do this in your network settings.

Select the connection you want to use.

Click TCP/IP, and set the DNS from there.



I would use openDNS.com

208.67.222.222

208.67.220.220



They are the fastest.



Or if you have a home server that is set up as an DNS server, you can use that to. Just put the IP address of that, your server.



Dane
How to hardcode a DNS?
control panel

network connections

right click connection, properties

TCP/IP Properties



Where it lists DNS servers, enter 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220. Those are addresses provided by OpenDNS.org and are free to use.
It sounds like you need to manually specify the Domain Name Server (DNS) rather than have your PC obtain it automatically. Your ISP will need to provide you the name of the DNS to use.
  • myspace commentes
  • things for teenagers to do
  •