Friday 16 September 2011

How to set up WiFi on nintendo Wii?

I've tried youtube. I searched this question and tried the top two results, but these do not work. My Wii works differently from the ones on the video.

I go to wii settings, then onto internet, and then i am presented with three options; Connection 1 - Wireless, Connection 2 - Wired, Connection 3 - Wireless.

I chose Connection 1 - Wireless, and was shown three options; Connection Test, Change Settings and Clear Settings. I choose change settings and am then asked to enter and %26quot;SSID%26quot;. So I enter my IP, and seeing as that didn't work i tried my password. That didn't work either. I was also asked to choose - Type of security, auto obtain IP address and auto obtain DNS, among many others. I'm lost. All I want is to connect wirelessly to my wireless router (which is just accross the room).

Can anybody help me, using SIMPLE TERMS and SMALL STEPS?
How to set up WiFi on nintendo Wii?
Oh, this is very simple. Just go to settings, then go to connection settings, and make sure there is a wireless connection near you. Then do an AOSS Search if you don't have one. Make sure your Wii Software is updated.