Friday 16 September 2011

I have Verizon FiOs. How do I unlock game servers?

I have Verizon FiOS internet. I cannot connect to game servers anymore. This problem has been happening for about 3 months now, prior to that everything was fine. A friend suggested I try Hotspot Shield, and that allowed me to access servers, but it causes annoying ads to take up the screen. Someone else had mentioned something about my DNS servers or ports or something.. is there some way I can change my router settings to allow access to game servers? How would I do that?
I have Verizon FiOs. How do I unlock game servers?
It depends on the problem. If you have to forward ports to your computer, check at http://www.portforward.com/ Find the router and the program and follow the directions. (You can't %26quot;unlock%26quot; someone else's server - if it's available to the public it's not locked, and if it's not you can't use it. From your terminology I can't tell what the actual problem is. Actual server names, program names and links would help.)