Wednesday 21 September 2011

How do I find my alternate mac address? (Xbox 360 related question)?

I'm having trouble connecting to Xbox live. I have the Xbox directly connected to a port in the back of my wireless router, but although my PC that is also connected to the router is getting internet service, my XBOX gets nothing and cannot connect to Live. The ethernet port in the Xbox 360 that usually blinks when it's connected to Live, is blank, nothing. I've attempted to reconfigure the settings to automatic for the IP and DNS to no avail. I've changed it to %26quot;manual setting%26quot; and the only thing I'm missing is my alternate mac address. Where do I find that?



I switched from Verizon, that worked fine, to Time Warner Cable and am now experiencing these troubles.



Thank you for your input!
How do I find my alternate mac address? (Xbox 360 related question)?
As it's cable, I suggest you power off your router/modem from the power socket (on the wall) for 1 full minute. Then retry everything again.
  • low cost web hosting
  • valuable advice
  •