Friday 16 September 2011

I lost ability to connect to wireless hosts.Says my IP is manually configured and wont pick up a dns. Help!!?

I havent messed with any of the settings on my laptop, but all of a sudden my computer won't connect to the internet. It shows that I'm connected to a certain router but I can't access the web. When I checked the properties, it says the internet is configured manually and there is no default gateway or DNS or anything being picked up. How do I change this and get my wireless internet working again??



ps: this happens with every router i try to connect to...
I lost ability to connect to wireless hosts.Says my IP is manually configured and wont pick up a dns. Help!!?
It really depends on who your Internet provider is. Have you tried connecting directly to the modem with and ethernet cord? If it doesn't work then, most likely you will have to contact your Internet provider.



That's what happened to me and it was a problem with the modem and even the cable guy had never experienced it before. He had to call the manufacturer of the modem to get the instructions on how to fix it.



The problem may not be the router, it may be the modem and your Internet provider. I know that's the last thing you want to hear, I know I was fuming when it happened to me.



Good luck!



~M
I lost ability to connect to wireless hosts.Says my IP is manually configured and wont pick up a dns. Help!!?
well I'm running Mac OS now so I can't help really the exact steps...



http://s134084144.onlinehome.us/gilsmeth鈥?/a>



I found this tutorial on configuring manually... so just do the opposite!! :) put everything on automatic and it should work.



Good luck...
try the helplines