Friday 16 September 2011

My laptop will not connect to the internet just 'local only'?

Its wireless, windows vista. 2 Days ago it started not connecting to the internet it just says local only. I can't use the internet. All the other 5 computers in my house connect okay what can I do? It had been connecting fine before this, and I hadn't made any changes to the connection info or security settings or whatever. It says it cannot reach the DNS server/host what does this mean? How can I fix it?



Please help :-)
My laptop will not connect to the internet just 'local only'?
Sounds like you only have access to the local network in your house. How is the wireless signal? Maybe there is some MAC address filtering on your wireless router?? Does it say that you are connected to your wireless network? See if you can plug it directly into your Wireless router and get to the internet.
  • identifying rows
  • grey hair
  •