Friday 16 September 2011

Router ( PEAK ) wont let me connect to internet?

I have a PEAK 802.11g wireless router... After 6 months i still cant connect to internet with it..My laptop with its card can detect wirelessly the router. I can get into admin and change settings. but whenever i go to test connection it never finds connection to net. I have virgin media mobile and modem, all work fine when plugged to desktop.. but when modem plugged to router no joy..I have tried everything..ipconfig to check settings tried every combination i can think of on th e PEAK routers admin screen..Ive forced routers mac address to that of modem..no joy..obtain ip and dns auto...no joy..Please please help...i dont understand..i know internet is there as can connect on modem..i know modem is ok as can connect to net..i know laptop is ok as can connect to router...but router wont let me connect laptop to net....!!! AAARGH ive reset god knows how many times...been to suplliers website ...upgraded firmware...still no joy!! 6 months later still not wireless on laptop
Router ( PEAK ) wont let me connect to internet?
Hi,

I can be wrong but as far as I know there isn't such a thing as PEAK 802.11g wireless router...........
Router ( PEAK ) wont let me connect to internet?
Check the details of the router. I don't know this model, but many wireless routers include their own modem. If so it won't work with an external modem. There are a few pure routers out there. DLink do a very good one that is quite cheap.
maybe u can bring close to the router or hook it up to the router connect then unplug it