Friday 16 September 2011

Why can't I get my xBox 360 Wireless Adaptor to Connect to my Network?

I have followed all the instructions and I just can't seem to figure out how to connect to my Network. When I go to Edit Settings under the System screen, I can choose my network because the adaptor sees it. I tell it %26quot;Yes, Connect%26quot; when it prompts me about connecting to an unsecure network. It tells me the network settings have changed and so I go to Test Media, which is what it tells me to do. It passes the first part (Network Adaptor: USB Wireless), but then it goes to the second and it tells me: %26quot;Wireless Network: Not Connected.%26quot; That's funny because when I go back a single screen, it tells me that I'm connected to my network.



I tried the followed already:



* Manually inputting my IP Address/Subnet Mask/Gateway/DNS Servers - does the same thing.



*Manually inputting my actual network information - does the same thing.





If it helps at all, I have a LinkSys router with my wireless network. I have the Wii, 3 laptops, 2 desktops and a phone hooked to it and those all work just fine. The light on the back of the adaptor is a steady red light. In the settings screen, it tells me that I'm connected to the right network and my %26quot;Link%26quot; Button is red, but my %26quot;Act%26quot; button is gray.



I would greatly appreciate some help! Thank you in advance!
Why can't I get my xBox 360 Wireless Adaptor to Connect to my Network?
The wireless adapter has been nothing but trouble for almost everyone. My suggestion is to buy enough ethernet cable (CAT 5) and run it to your 360.

Good luck.
Why can't I get my xBox 360 Wireless Adaptor to Connect to my Network?
that happened to me too and i cant get it either so sorry! i will copy your answers from other people too