Friday 16 September 2011

How do you get the IP and DSN for your Netgear Router?

I accidentally renamed my ACCOUNT NAME for my Netgear Router and it wiped out the default settings for the IP address and DNS address.



I have no idea what the original account name was.



I called Comcast and thy would not provide me with that information and they gave me the number for Netgear. My router was no longer under warranty so Netgear would not provide me with any help. They wanted to charge me $70 for 6 months extended tech support or $35 for 15 minutes.



The router model is WNR834B



I made the change under Basic Settings.



I could buy a new router for $70 or pay the $35.



or would it be possible to restore it with the disc that came with the Router? I have not tried this yet.
How do you get the IP and DSN for your Netgear Router?
If you want to set the settings back to the factory default you should reset the router using the reset button, usually a tiny button located on the back of the router.



Do a hard reset.



Hold reset button for 20 seconds, unplug for 20 seconds while still holding the reset button and hold 20 more seconds after you turn on the power. So you're holding the button for about 1 minute.



That should reset to defaults.



The factory default password is %26quot;password%26quot; without quotation marks. I don't think there is a user name, so try to leave it blank.