Wednesday 21 September 2011

Use static IP Speedstream 4200/D-Link 524?

Currently my Speedstream Router uses DHCP to spit out IP addresses to my D-Link router. I would like to configure it so that it is static (IE, the D-Link, only gets the IP 10.0.0.1) but I am unsure how to do this.



I believe that its configured in the D-Link WAN settings, and then I click static IP address, but what settings do I enter. The fields I need are:



IP Address, Subnet Mask, ISP Gateway Address, Primary DNS Address, Secondary DNS Address, MTU, Keep Alive, Do not change the TTL value and IGMP



If anyone could tell me what I should enter into those settings, it would be much appreciated (as well as whether I need to change anything on the Speed stream)
Use static IP Speedstream 4200/D-Link 524?
Assign an IP address in the same range as your SS router.



e.g. SS Router IP is 192.168.1.1



you need to assign your Dlink something like:



IP: 192.168.1.10

Sub: 255.255.255.0

D Gateway: 192.168.1.1 (D gateway is usually your Routers IP address)



You also need to disable DHCP and firewall on your Dlink. Make sure you have your SS router connected to a LAN port on your Dlink (NOT the WAN port).