Friday 16 September 2011

How to setup DNS with no-ip.com and my local computer?

Hi Everyone,



I've setup a domain name with no-ip.com. I have an apache server running on my home computer for local file testing. I need to have the domain forward to my computer's IP address and update the IP when it changes. I'm using the no-ip DUC for this.



My problem is that my ISP blocks port 80, so I've tried turning on port forwarding and working with some different settings in my no-ip account with no luck. I keeps forwarding to my router's confiuration site. I also tried modifying the 'Listen' command in the apache config file.



Can anyone help?



Thanks!
How to setup DNS with no-ip.com and my local computer?
Hi,



As Adrian has correctly advised you to configure the port 8080 for your server, you can follow the below steps to do the same:



1. Open Internet Explorer, Type the IP Address if the router and login to the configuration page.

2. Click Advanced settings.

3. Click the Internet link near the left of the page.

4. You should now see a new menu. In this new menu, click Address Translation.

5. You should now see a new menu. In this new menu, click Port Forwarding.

6. Select the required service if listed, else type the Port no. 8080 in the Start %26amp; End port (where it says TCP/UDP ports) and redirect it to your server. Do ensure Static IP is configured on the server.



Apply the settings..



This should work.



You can also check the attached link for reference.



http://portforward.com/english/routers/p鈥?/a>



Update / email the result and your hostname as well so that It can be tested.



Good Luck



Wireless..:)
How to setup DNS with no-ip.com and my local computer?
See if you can set the no-ip to use port 8080 for your URL. It may be somewhere in the re-direct setup (I use DynDNS and DtDNS), That's an alternative http port.

You would then have to forward port 8080 on the router to the server, with Apache listening to port 8080 as well. Server must be on a static IP in the LAN.

Some routers will do PAT (Port adress Translation), where you can come in on port 8080 and translate it to port 80 on the LAN. However, this function is router specific, I know my Linksys does not do that, but my cheap networkeverywhere router does.
  • parameter
  • myspace songs
  •