Friday 16 September 2011

When I click on some pages (yahoo mail, ebay, etc.) I get an error page of "server/dns can not be found"?

I can get on to yahoo (obviously), but when I click on mail I get the error page. This just started happening. I used to be able to get on to ebay and amazon too, and a few weeks or months ago, I started getting the error page as well.

I have tried pinging the ip addresses with no response. I have tried changing my internet settings with no success. Is it my computer that is having the problem? How do I fix it?
When I click on some pages (yahoo mail, ebay, etc.) I get an error page of %26quot;server/dns can not be found%26quot;?
This error occurs when Internet Explorer tries to access a website and fails. This can happen for a number of reasons, including the following:



1.Your computer is not connected to the Internet.

2.The website address (URL) was not typed correctly.

3.The DNS server does not have a record of the website or the web server is not connected.
When I click on some pages (yahoo mail, ebay, etc.) I get an error page of %26quot;server/dns can not be found%26quot;?
Yahoo is still having some problems at the moment. Suggested cures range from Update Adobe Flash Player and Javascript to clear IE7 cache, cookies, and browsing history. Different things seem to work for different people. It's causing attachments to not show, 999 errors where it won't let you do a particular action and some people cannot send recieve delete or move mail. It's not just Vista either it's happening to some of us on XP. I have been advised to use this site to view my mail, www.mail2web.com if all else fails go back to classic mail via this link. http://us.mg1.mail.yahoo.com/dc/optout?s鈥?/a> click yes when asked do you want to opt out. Hope this helps