Friday 16 September 2011

Create a webserver?

Hey I want to host files using my current Internet connection. I'm just not how to go about doing it with my current ISP (which I am not willing to change).



I currently use comcast high speed internet and im supposed to have a Dynamic IP. I signed up for Dyna DNS but noticed that for some reason, my computers IP is static. I tried hosting some files on a windows machine, but was unable to access them on the internet, only on my LAN.



When I setup my webserver it should be running Ubuntu Linux but I want to know what software I need to install and what settings need to be changed in order to host an ASP.net site. Nothing too complicated, I'm fairly new to Linux.
Create a webserver?
Did you install a web server software? A popular one is Apache HTTP Server. It has Windows and UNIX(probably Linux works). Once you installed it, put your files into the httpdocs folder, and open port 80 to the service associated with the Apache Web Server.



As for ASP.net, look for resources online.