Sunday 5 June 2011

OpenDNS...Please Help! :'(?

I just bought a wireless Linksys WAG54G2 router. I%26#039;m using OpenDNS for web filtering of inappropriate materials. The problem is that anyone connected to my network can override my settings just by changing DNS on their computer.


I heard I can overcome this by blocking port 53 to all IP addresses except the IP of the router.


Can anyone help me with this? I have no idea how to do this. Please help! I%26#039;m desperate.|||Beethink IP blocker blocks DNS IP traffic.|||If you%26#039;re referring to a Linksys WAP54G v2.0, then you can load DD-WRT open source firmware onto the router, it will add additional commands and features. Simply add this to your Firewall script:





iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p udp -i br0 --dport 53 -j DNAT --to $(nvram get lan_ipaddr)


iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp -i br0 --dport 53 -j DNAT --to $(nvram get lan_ipaddr)





You can try the above on the Linksys firmware, but I am not sure it will work.