Sunday 5 June 2011

I need help on flushing the dns. The ipconfig /flushdns command is not completely clearing the DNS.?

Hi. I changed the DNS servers for my website. I visited my website on my computer. I try to connect to the website, its been 24 hours since I changed the servers, and I still receiving the old page. I know that it isn%26#039;t the hosting server because I visited the page from another computer and got the right page. On my computer I tried the ipconfig /flushdns command and it says it was successfully flushed but the page is still the old one. I cleared cookies and files and still receive the old page. I need to know how to do a hard reset on the dns servers. I need to completely wipe out all DNS settings. I am running Windows XP Pro.





Thanks|||I once had that problem. On command propmt i did this: netsh winsock reset and that did the trick. Not sure if that was what helped but after flushind dns several times i did that and it was all ok. Hope thats the case for you.|||After giving ipconfig /flushdns, give th command ipconfig /registerdns.


I think it will solve your problem.|||Also clear history, cookies, and old files in the Internet explorer.