Sunday 5 June 2011

How can I make ME stop locking up my router after about 20 minutes.?

I have 3 systems attached to the router. 1 is running Win %26#039;95SE, another is running XP, and the culprit is running ME. It locks the router up after 20 minutes and the router has to be turned off and back on. I have tried it with Ethernet, USB, and wireless and re-installed Explorer and ME. Some one suggested that my winsock file might be corrupted but it has been replaced. SOme one suggested that I change my DNS settings but I tried it.|||ME sucks, get rid of it.|||Has nothing to do with ME. m0%26#039;s answer is best.

Report Abuse


|||Better just to put Win98 or XP on that computer...|||Try pgrading your firmware for your router..





IF it locks up like that, it is damaged, Please return your router.





It doesn%26#039;t matter what computers are connected... A router is a router with DHCP server. It just sends responses to the network. It doesn%26#039;t care what os your running12|||Upgrade to windows Xp or use Ubuntu OS (Linux Desktop)|||Many you should try a different company or get rid of the one that is locking the router up. So you can use the other two and many find another one that doesn%26#039;t lock the router.