Sunday 5 June 2011

Had virus and now when open file in windows the internet pops on with www.opendns.com on it. How can I fix it?

All of the virus scanners I have run says there%26#039;s no viruses left but I can%26#039;t even run internet explorer anymore because everytime I try to go to diff page open dns comes on so I changed default browser to firefox so the opendns.com page still pops open in firefox whether internet is open or not (if internet%26#039;s not open when I click on a file the internet pops open with same opendns page. It only pops up now when I click on a file in windows. When I%26#039;m on firefox browsing or whatever it doesn%26#039;t come on like it does with internet explorer which was the browser that was used when someone got the virus.) When opendns.com comes up it always says You tried to visit intsecureprof.microsoft.com, which is not loading (obviously I didn%26#039;t try to open any webpage.) If all of the viruses are gone it changed settings in computer and I can%26#039;t do system restore so I can%26#039;t figure out how to change them back.


I%26#039;ve used the bitdefender I have installed to scan it, spybot s%26amp;d, various online scanners like trend micro and bitdefender and everything says it is now clean.|||Eset Nod32 try this antivirus your have a rootkit virus on your computer nod32 clean it perfectly


http://www.eset.com|||When you performed your scans did you do them in Safe Mode?


If you didnt then try this:


Hit Ctrl+Alt+Delete and open the task manager.


Stop all processes with a bunch of numbers in them.


Go to Start%26gt;Computer%26gt;C: drive%26gt;Program Files%26gt;Temp files, and delete them all.


Empty the recycle bin.


Then go to Start%26gt;Run%26gt;type %temp% and delete all of those.


Empty the recycle bin again.


Then restart the computer, tap the F8 key while it is booting up, then choose %26quot;Safe mode with networking%26quot;.


Download Malwarebytes from here:


http://malwarebytes.org/


When it asks you where you would like to save it, change the %26quot;mbam_setup.exe%26quot; file to xxxxx.exe.


Then install it, update it, and run a full scan. Get the free version.





Now download SpyBot Search and Destroy from here:


http://www.safer-networking.org/index2.h鈥?/a>


Update, Immunize, then scan %26amp; Fix.





Download CCleaner (www.ccleaner.com) this will clean up your computer from cookies, temporary files etc, it will also clean your registry for you.





Update your AV regularly and run malware, spyware and AV scans regularly.





Good Luck