Sunday 5 June 2011

How do I use my own domain name for the website I have created?

I have created a free website with say www.xyz.com that will be www.percyboy.xyz.com and I want to use my own domain name www.owndomain.com


I dont get this instructions below given by the free xyz company.Although it seems to make sense my registrar has different settings that dont match with the following instructions. My domain is registered with 1%26amp;1 and it only gives me the option of changing CNAME which I guess should be www. Can someone explain this to me in plain english please?





%26quot;Sign in to your hosting account and go to the page where you can change your DNS settings. This page is usually called %26quot;DNS Management%26quot; or %26quot;Name server management%26quot; (If you can%26#039;t find the settings contact your web host support desk and ask them to set it up for you).


Delete all records of type A and CNAME associated with the %26quot;www%26quot; name and %26quot;files%26quot; name. (Make sure you backup any projects associated with this domain because it may become inaccessible after you make these changes).


Create new records of type CNAME according to the information in the table below. Name Type Value


www CNAME percyboy.xyz.com.


files CNAME percyboy.xyz.com. %26quot;





Thank you for your help|||I think %26quot;If you can%26#039;t find the settings contact your web host support desk and ask them to set it up for you%26quot; is your answer.|||coding for project-


http://codingforum.info/