Sunday 5 June 2011

I changed my settings on my router and now my ps3 won't connect to the internet, how could I fix it?

I set up a static ip address to map ports correctly for Utorrent and now my ps3 cant connect to my routert anymore. i can%26#039;t figure it out at all, it wont recognize it because the ip is different and the dns things. does anyone know how i could fix it?|||For the PS3 - you need to provide a DNS server. Just use the LAN IP address of the router. You also need to provide the LAN IP of the default gateway, which is in turn your router.





Give the PS3 an IP


Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0


Default Gateway: LAN IP of Router


DNS (just use one): LAN IP of router





If your router supports uPNP portforwarding, then enable it and enable uPNP in utorrent and go back to DHCP on the router and obtain IP address from the router on all clients including the PC and PS3.