Sunday 5 June 2011

How do I get hold of DNS settings/MX Records of my domain name?

I am trying to change the company who hosts my domain name and I am being asked for the DNS settings/MX Records but I have no idea how I get hold of them.|||Either your web host will have access to it or the company you registered your domain name through. Either login or have your host access your DNS records. You don%26#039;t have to change domain registrars even though you are switching hosting companies as long as your domain name is registered with someone else.|||You can use http://www.magic-net.nl/dns-lookup.php to find all your DNS records.|||The company you are transferring to should be able to request that information from your current provider. You may have to send a letter to both to inform them of the right for the new provider to get that information, though usually it%26#039;s not necessary.


Otherwise, check with your current provider - there should be a login/user account somewhere on their company web pages, where you can log in and read your DNS records