Sunday 5 June 2011

DNS error, can't get on to certain websites?

When I go on some websites like google and many others, on firefox it says there is a dns error and the url appears to be megaclick.com. It%26#039;s not just firefox, I have tried internet explorer. All the other computers in my house have the same problem. How come I can%26#039;t get on to these sites, and how can I fix it.





I searched on Yahoo.com for an answer and I found a website with info that said click options and many other instructions, but when I click on that page it gives me a dns error too. I know there is a way to solve it by changing some settings I just don%26#039;t know how.|||From http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic85756.ht鈥?/a>


--


I had this very same problem, and I hope you have been able to solve it by now, but when I found out how very simple it is to get rid of I felt like the biggest moron ever. Very simple for the annoying problem:





In Firefox go to Tools


Go to Add ons


Simple have it uninstall the toolbar (You will have to restart FireFox)





And there you go problem gone. You dont need to go through hundreds of free scanners that dont work.


--





Good luck!