Sunday 5 June 2011

How to get Windows Vista Login Screen?

I recently moved into new accomodation, whereby I was supposed to have the internet-access ready.However, when I plugged in the ethernet cable, it wasn`t working since my DNS settings on the laptop were configured to manual. It took a little over a week for me to have the idea of changing these DNS settings.





Thereafter, it worked. It only lasted for a few days, until when I tried to switch on the laptop, no blue screen for the login appeared. This was unusual.





I can see the startup loader for Windows Vista. However just after, there is no Windows Logo or sound and the screen remains black until a start up repair option is requested. The System recovery Options follow, where I usually choose System restore because I do not want to lose any of my files.





I know my laptop is working fine because I have managed to log in a few times using system restore. I`m aware it`s a windows update issue since I missed updates for a week - since I had no internet access. Therefore, it`s a knock-on effect.





I want to know if I did a full back up of all my files and reinstalled Windows Vista on the same computer - would that be a good idea? Will there be retrieval of my back up files to a newly installed Vista on the same computer?





OR - is there anything else I can do? Microsoft Word was working 2 weeks ago - now, it`s not because the OS is currently not configured to run the application.|||sounds to me this is a malware problen, let me tell you some of those malware programs sneakin with a program or e mail or back door and they are mind boggleing, try this, go to search bar online and type malware antimalware select malwarebytes.com download their free program, install and start scan, I had to do this and what this program found cannot be believed, even a virus program couldn%26#039;t screw up your comp any more that malware. It will let you delete all of the bad iltems and reboot This will probably get you back on your feet, worth trying. it helped me so much I went back and bought the program only 24.95 and let me tell you it was worth atleast twilce the money





hope this helpa nothing ventured nothing gained





Billy R.