Sunday 5 June 2011

My computer's DNS settings?

My computer, laptop, Wii, and notebook cannot retrieve my DNS settings automatically, I have to set them myself by looking at my service providers thing. My laptop belongs to my school, so it has administrator preferences. I can%26#039;t change the settings myself because of those preferences, so I need to know how how to get my DNS to work properly. I%26#039;ve reset, reinstalled, and tried lots of different ways. It suddenly started doing this one night, out of nowhere, so I need to know how to make it back to normal. I%26#039;m not a technical genius or anything (I use Windows Vista), so easy walkthrough%26#039;s would be nice.|||You should be able to change the settings on your router itself, then all of your devices will use the same settings. It sound like your router has not reset in a while or is having a problem retreiving the information from your service provider. change the settings in the router for dns from automatic to manual and enter the dns addresses manually then save, everything should work fine.