Sunday 5 June 2011

How do I transfer my dns hosting settings?

I have a domain name with www.1and1.com. I am trying to set it up with adsence but google says I don%26#039;t have a cname record. I went to everydns.com and fixed that, but then when I went back to 1%26amp;1.com to change my nameservers it didn%26#039;t let me. It said %26quot;1%26amp;1 name server (Unmodifiable)%26quot;. In this case what do I have to do to change my nameservers.|||I used 1%26amp;1 back in the day and everything was difficult. I don%26#039;t think I ever had the specific issue you are describing however.





It is definitely a 1%26amp;1 issue so I would %26quot;attempt%26quot; to contact their support and allow you to modify it. There may also be some sort of %26quot;lock%26quot; on your domain settings if you can find it and unlock it (for some reason I think I remember having to do this). I don%26#039;t go thru 1%26amp;1 so I can%26#039;t %26quot;mess%26quot; with it to see what you need to do, but I%26#039;d start with their FAQ and knowledge base first then try to get a hold of them.





Before I started hosting everything myself (DNS %26amp; WWW) I would get the domain with a simple domain registrar, host my DNS with xpertdns.com (standalone DNS hosting) and host my sites elsewhere. That way nothing is tied in together, giving you full control over everything.





Sorry I couldn%26#039;t be more help than what I gave you.