Sunday 5 June 2011

Ipod touch won't connect to wifi?

I have an Ipod Touch 8GB 3rd generation. I can%26#039;t figure out how to connect my ipod to the internet, i don%26#039;t think that it is the normal problem that people have because i tried to change the DNS to the recommended 208.67.222.222 but it didn%26#039;t work. The thing that is wrong is when i try to connect to my home network it pops up and says %26quot;unable to join network--dismiss%26quot;. I really don%26#039;t understand this because I used to be able to get on there fine, and all the sudden it stopped working. I haven%26#039;t changed any settings except after it stopped working when i put in the new DNS number, and i have full signal from my wifi. Please Help! thanks!|||The first thing to try is to Reset the Network Settings and re-enter the password if you haven%26#039;t already. Tap Settings%26gt;General%26gt;Reset%26gt;Reset Network Settings. It will reset the ipod (showing the Apple logo) then back to the home screen. Tap on your network if it locates it and re-enter the password.





If that doesn%26#039;t work, try these articles from Apple:





iPhone and iPod touch: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections


http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1398





Unable to use Wi-Fi or Bluetooth with iPhone or iPod touch because there%26#039;s no address listed for the device


http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1559








Hope it helps.|||this might work but i%26#039;m not sure...


go to settings%26gt;general%26gt;reset%26gt;reset network settings